Old 29-04-2011, 09:23 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] mjciccarel@gmail.com is offline

Default Moles

On Apr 29, 2:55*pm, Gunner wrote:
On Apr 28, 9:21*am, Gz wrote:

any good devices for mole prevention. I got cats.

Greg

On Apr 28, 9:21 am, Gz wrote:

any good devices for mole prevention. I got cats.

Greg

Not really, you have to *kill em off or reduce their food source so
they move on. *Trapping is the most successful, used along with
product to control soil grubs and larvae like the crane fly. Keep in
mind that they are aerating soil and keeping the soil insect
population in check. *On the other hand they sure do tunnel...alot.

I have seen some good "mole" cats, *but I'm not a fan because they
stalk and kill birds when mole hunting is slow( which is most of the
time) *and our feral population is growing too fast. * A neighbor
brought some mole killing gummie worms. *Haven't heard his results as
yet. *Maybe someone here has.

We had a neighbor get rid of them, or at least one, with bubble gum
MJ