Old 01-05-2011, 03:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Duh!!!!!!!!

Dave Hill wrote in news:ad710cd1-2b4c-4f96-
:

I had a phone call on Thursday from a well spoken British female,
"Is that Abacus Dahlia Nurseries?"
"No. This is Abacus Nurseries, and I grow dahlias."
"This is 118 , and we are checking your directory entry"
"I don't have a directory entry, I don't open to the public"
"Oh yes you do have an entry"
"Well I don't want one"
"Can I have your name please"
"David Hill"
"And your address please"
"You just told me what it is"
"Can I have your email address please"
"Why do you want my email address?"
"So that we can confirm your directory entry"
"But I've just told you I don't want a directory entry"

I would have put the phone down straight away after "This is 118"
But sometimes it is good to listen to their bullsh*t, it gives a certain
satisfaction that you CAN listen to it and it is them, the caller who will
get frustrated after all the sales techniques have failed.

Baz