Old 01-05-2011, 04:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Pea Seed Just Rot

"Davy" wrote

My first year of vegetable gardening I put mangetout seeds into the soil
and got a lovely crop.
But nowadays germination is slow and never eventually exceeds 40%;
examination of the misses turns up brown rotten peas.
So this year I sowed into pots and put in a propagator - nice warm soil so
should to well? But same result.
Anyone having same problem or better luck?

For the first time we soaked our peas for 24 hours and this year got a very
good germination such that we haven't had since we kept our own seed. It is
amazing how they swell up so you do need a big bowl or better, a bucket.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden