Old 02-05-2011, 12:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Monty Don in Sorrento

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
On Sun, 1 May 2011 22:54:14 +0100, "'Mike'"
wrote:

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
. ..
I enjoyed this program the most so far as I was in Sorrento last
September. The Astor garden, which he entered via the green automatic
gates, had blue ipomoea growing over the wall by those gates. I took
a photo of it. He was obviously there earlier in the year. Little
did I know what was behind that wall!

Pam in Bristol

Did you go on Sorrento Jet whilst you were there?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyWUAb6IrrE

Mike

Went to Capri but not on the Sorrento Jet!

Pam in Bristol

The company I worked for, FBM Marine Ship Builders at Cowes, had built Capri
Jet before I joined them. My wife was PA to the MD when it was commissioned
and she doesn't remember me fetching her and driving her home ;-) The wine
flowed!!!!

I was their Marine Electrical Design Engineer later when FMB built Sorrento
Jet and I oversaw the building and attended trials. Her final yard trial was
a 2 hour run at full speed. Went round the Isle of Wight with some time
spare ;-)

Mike

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.