Old 02-05-2011, 10:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default mystery plant driving me crazy!

On Mon, 2 May 2011 15:00:01 +0000, Rachel 101
wrote:

lauraliam;919716 Wrote:
hello fellow gardeners,
i am wondering if any one out there will recognise a plant that i have
growing, which is driving me crazy.

Looks like Mole Spurge: Euphorbia Lathyris.

I love it - weird looking thing, as it is. But be warned, they go to
seed and you get them everywhere.... and it's hard to get the adults
out as they grow long, long roots.

Oh, and as far as flowering goes: that's it, it's doing it now.

Rachel

I agree; I know it as caper spurge, as the seeds LOOK like capers. It
is also known as the mole plant and said to deter moles but I
understand it is not the little black furry creatures, but moles on
the skin which were treated with the irritant sap.
Bundle it up and take it back to Pundland, with the original packaging
if you have it, and ask for your money back

Pam in Bristol