Old 02-05-2011, 11:21 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default garden cress

zibafu wrote:
ahh forgot about this thread hehe, I think I planted the seeds to deep
in the compost, the rest of them suddenly burst forth a couple of days
after posting this.

When does cress start producing its own seeds? Cause Ive trimmed a few
down and the budgie loves it, so I would obviously like to keep
growing it but, I don't wanna keep on buying seeds.

It has to grow into quite a large plant and then flower, most of what you
see packaged is just sprouts or harvested leaves not the whole plant. I
haven't let it go that far so I don't know how long it would take but I
would guess several months.