Old 03-05-2011, 03:57 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default What kind of a plant is it?

On 5/2/11 4:33 AM, Francogrex wrote:
On May 2, 1:27 pm, Francogrex wrote:
On Apr 30, 1:48 pm, Stewart Robert Hinsley
Yes sorry, moved it to hehttp://francogrex.byethost2.com

Also I read that you can make a "rooting hormone" by chopping up some
willow twigs and making a tea out of that. So I did, kept the tea
overnight in the fridge and this morning made a new cutting, placed it
in the solution of the homemade hormone... cutting looks wilted now,
but will be in a better shape tomorrow, will it grow roots and if so
by when, that's the question...

No, I can't tell what the cutting is. The photo is a bit too dark.

However, chopping willow twigs and using them to make a tea gives you a
primative form of aspirin. Willows are in the genus Salix. Aspirin is
salicylic acid and was originally derived from willow bark.

Rooting a plant in water is generally not a good idea. The resulting
roots are generally too tender to survive the trauma of being planted in
soil.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean