Old 03-05-2011, 01:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Planting Onions

Baz wrote:
I have just put in my 7th row! (First white row)

Onions or potatoes?

Onions. And one of the rows is garlic actually, I think.
So far put in 5 lots of potato (2 first earlies, 3 2nd earlies - 3 lots of
2nd earlies and 2 maincrop to go ... yes, I know we're late, but ironically
all these bank hoildays have made it harder to get anything done!

I think that this is the best time of year despite nothing edible.

We still have lots of kale (keeps going to seed, but the chickens like that
bit!), the peas are starting, and a few lettuce kept over winter. Not that
I eat lettuce, but the thought is there.