Old 03-05-2011, 04:52 PM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francogrex View Post
Hi, I don't know the name of this plant (it's used for hedges, please
see picture he http://francogrex.byethost2.com ), but I took one
small branch from the neighbor's and put it in a cup of water hoping
it will grow roots (almost one week in water, still looking good but
no roots yet) and then I can transfer it into a pot of earth or
directly outside. Will this work?
I'm not quite sure what it is, just on a leaf. But whatever it is, you need some new growth, this season's, not last year's, to have any chance of growing it by the method you are trying. Check out the RHS advice website, under cuttings. Not everything takes from cuttings.