Old 04-05-2011, 09:47 PM
TheMaverick TheMaverick is offline
Registered User

Unhappy Too many tomato plants

Hi all,
I’m a VERY armature gardener and this year I decided to grow my own tomatoes. I bought 3 seed packets and planted all 3 packets into 3 seed trays. The seedlings have grown and I now have around 80 separate tomato plants ready to plant out. I thought I could plant them all into 3-4 grow bags but I have since been told that I should only have 3-4 plants per bag. I don’t have space for more than about 4 grow bags so that leaves me with a lot of seedlings left over!
Does any one have any suggestions what I can do with these? I would like to keep as many as possible but space is a real issue ( I live in London!) I do have a small flower bed and was considering planting a few directly into the soil?

Many help for any ideas