Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Chuck Gadd

Default advice please, KH, GH & PH in realtion to start of CO2

On Sat, 25 Jan 2003 03:44:50 GMT, "Rick" wrote:

PH 7.6
KH 50
GH 80

does the KH not sound low in relation to the PH level and if so what if any
concerns should I have if the CO2 drops the PH level I would assume it would
also drop the KH. Comments, advice please.

Looks perfectly normal. 50ppm KH is the same as 2.8 degrees. And
with a KH of 2.8, and a pH of 7.6, that would indicate a CO2 level of
2.2ppm, which is typical in a non-injected tank.

With good CO2 levels (15-20ppm), the pH would be lowered to 6.6 to
6.8.

Chuck Gadd
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua