Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
chet

Default Bulb Color

So, where does one find a wide range of choices in CF lamps? I like options,
but I couldn't find anything locally.

chet

"LeighMo" wrote in message
General Electric makes a 9300K 55 watt CF lamp that is a triphosphor.

Its
blue-white, but it is not strictly monochromatic. It has three spikes in
the color spectrum. The composite effect is supposed to by 9300K. I
personally like the look. 10000K lamps, that you would think would look
similar, look way too blue by comparison.

I've used both, and I actually prefer the 10000K. Just a matter of

personal
taste; I like that cool, super-bright look. The GE 9300s look very "pink"

and
unnatural to me. But most people seem to like them. It's really a matter

of
personal taste.

Leigh