Old 05-05-2011, 04:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Malcolm Malcolm is offline

Default Alton Greenhouse dismantling advice

On 04/05/2011 23:36, Tractorboy wrote:
Hi,
I'm a newbie here. I've just bought a secondhand 8x10 Alton greenhouse
and now must go and dismantle and collect it from the seller.
I'd like advice about the best way to do this... eg should I remove all
glass or transport the panels with glass in situ?
I've ordered a complete set of assembly hardware from Alton so I can be
savage when dismantling and use new screws etc when reassembling.
What sequence should I dismantle - eg roof....walls... ends. Or roof...
ends...walls?

I've downloaded the assembly instructions from the Alton website and
notice that there is mastic used along the ridge. Is this easy to
access and cut through with a Stanley knife?

I will be hiring a van to transport the greenhouse and will need to
bring all the tools I'm likely to need (screwdrivers, saw, knife,
spanners) Anything else?

If you have the assembly instructions then reverse them to dismantle.

You must remove the glass (apart from the door and as otjers have said,
ould glass is very fragile. You will probably need new beading and
spring clips - they are easy to remove but where they end up is in the
lap of the gods

Malcolm