Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Nestor 10

Default Diy CO2 tip

Ivor Cave wrote in message

...Like a lot of people I had a problem sealing the airline
tube into the cap of a coke bottle...I would like to share
how I got around this..

I went to the hardware store to get a couple of rubber stoppers for the
bottles. They're in the fastener and small hardware section. They also run
about US $1 each.

Then I drilled a 3/16" hole down through the center and inserted a piece of
stiff plastic airline tubing through it and cut it off at about 1" above the
top of the stopper. Fish shops sell the tubing to replace things like
airstone connections and skimmer parts. It costs about US 1.50 for a 3-foot
section. Trimming it down to an inch at the top allows me to simply "plug"
it into a rubber/silicone airline.

Lasts forever, and no worries of curing or breaking the seal on silicone.
Don't have to worry if the silicon will stick to a nylon bottle cap, either.

This works for me and might for others who are have problems using

silicone.

--
-Y-

Nestor 10