Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Tasslehoff

Default Diy CO2 tip

Hmm creative idea but too complicated for me. I just heat a fondue
skewer(or drill with a ~1/12" drill bit) shove it through the cap, cut the
tubing to a 60 degree angle with scissors and pull it through the hole with
tweezers. No gluey mess, little CO2 loss and 5 week CO2 production with
some decent yeast.

"Ivor Cave" wrote in message
Hi,

As a lurker here for a while I have picked up a lot of usefull info.
Like a lot of people I had a problem sealing the airline tube into the cap
of a coke bottle.
It worked for three days then stopped when the silicone dried.
I would like to share how I got around this..

1) Drill a hole in the bottle cap just larger than the airline.
2)Cut a square of rubber from an old cycle innertube about 2 inch square.
3)Fold the square over once top to bottom once left to right.
4)Cut a very small amount off the corner. When unfolded there should be a
small hole in the center.
The best hole size I found was about a quarter of the airline

diameter.
5)Super glue this to the cap with the small hole inline with the hole in

the
centre of the hole in the cap.
Make sure the glue make a continuous ring around the cap about 1/8"
wide.
6)Cut end of airline at 45 degrees with sharp knife and push through the
hole in the rubber.

This works for me and might for others who are have problems using

silicone.

Ivor Cave