Old 07-05-2011, 01:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default What to do with old plant pots

On 06/05/2011 17:11, Pendrag0n wrote:
Last year i had a few of the smallish plastic plant pots left after I
planted various things. Reluctant to throw them away I had the bright
idea to dot them around deep inside the hedges at an angle and see if
the birds can make use of them. Well I am pleased to report blackbird
and robin has made use of them already. Looks like three big chicks in
blackbird nest. So I'm guessing they approve of an excellent recycling
measure

Sounds like a great idea! Good for you.
I keep heaps of spares (all sizes) to double or triple the layer of pots
around plants-in-waiting during the winter months. It seems to help.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London