Old 20-04-2003, 06:21 AM
chet

Default Trying to identify an Echinodorus variant

I'm really new at this planted aquarium stuff, so bear with me. I thought
the larger one was amazonicas (amazonicus?), but Dennerle shows a longer,
more slender leaf.

The two plants I have look like this, one is tall and reaches the surface of
my 29G, the other only gets to 6"-8". They are both stemmed plants.

http://home.surewest.net/chet/images/image013.jpg

I'm clueless, and sure appreciate the help.

chet

"LeighMo" wrote in message
I am trying to identify this plant. It looks almost exactly like

Echinodorus
Amazonicas (Amazon Sword) except it only grows to 6"-8" tall.

My guess would be a "rosette sword," Echinodorus parviflorus. (You can

see one
in the middle foreground of my tank.)

Leigh