Old 07-05-2011, 10:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Bay tree

On Sat, 7 May 2011 00:20:17 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

On May 6, 10:03*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
"Charlie2" wrote in message

Dry curling leaves on bay tree which has done well for last two years
now seems to be dying off. Not like ones I've seen in garden centres one
main trunk mine has five stems from root 4 curled drying leaves, the 5th
still fresh and green but may go say way. Can't see any indication of
bug attack. In 18" pot and reasoably sheltered positon....could it be
pot bound or would it be lack of neutrients? *At a guesse it is about
4yrs old.
Thanks in anticipation.

it needs watering regularly.

Mine was a tree twenty odd feet high and in the ground not a pot.
Must have been thirty or forty years old. The trunk was 18" diameter
at the bottom. But stone dead,no sign of regrowth.

Monty had a sad, frost-stricken bay on GW last night. I think he said
cut back the dead stuff and it will regrow.
Thats what I did with mine after last winter's snow. Now it needs
doing again.

Pam in Bristol