Old 08-05-2011, 06:03 PM
talksalot81 talksalot81 is offline
Registered User

Default Laurel Hedge suddenly dying

Hi guys,

I am a newbie on here so please forgive me.

The laurel hedge at my partner's house appears to be dying or dead. This surprised me because I have my own privet hedge and laurel is a real pain because it is almost impossible to get rid of. I have looked online for obvious answers but most are not helping.

What is happening is that the leaves are drying out, going brown and then the whole thing is looking dead. The interesting part is that this is not isolated. When I look around, there are hedges all over the local area which look like they are in serious trouble (for reference, I am looking in the Belfast area, northern ireland). I am left wondering whether there is an outbreak of something which I should know about? Is there anything I can do or is the plant actually dead and needing replaced with something else?

Thanks