Old 08-05-2011, 07:28 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL_n View Post
Janet wrote in
:

In article ,
says...

I have a lot of long grass to cut down. Cannot afford a mechanical or
electric device, so I am looking for a manual tool. I woild get a
scythe, but they typically cost a lot. I do not want to do a lot of
bending (as one would say with a sickle) - so I am looking at other
kinds of grass slashers. Has anyone found one that they can
recommend? Can you provide a link?

Here is one I have seen :
Grass Whip, Whip long grass into shape! Garden Equipment

There are other designs too...

TIA!

I would hire a big strimmer to clear the area, rake it off after,
then
keep the grass down with a cheap push-mower.

Janet

Hi Janet,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I specifically want a hand tool, partly
because they are quiter, partly because they are less expensive in the
lonbg run, and partly because I just enjoy slashing grass manually.
Have you tried freecycle/freegle? You might be able to get a scythe if someone is clearing out a garage.