Old 08-05-2011, 07:33 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kay View Post
Have you tried freecycle/freegle? You might be able to get a scythe if someone is clearing out a garage.
There's a new species of bumble bee - the Tree bee - moved in from Europe, which rather likes nesting in used tit nesting boxes. You could try putting up a nest box, and putting some debris in it to mimic a blue tit nest. This is just wild thinking on my part - but I'd give it a greater chance of success than trying to escort a bumblebee into a bamboo tube.