Old 08-05-2011, 05:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Mystery Lilac

On Sun, 8 May 2011 06:45:30 -0700 (PDT), Dave Hill
wrote:

On May 7, 12:13*pm, Dave Hill wrote:
Here are 2 pictures of Un-named Lilacs I have the long leaf is the one
is the mystery one that I have never had name for.http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ownLilac02.jpg
And at last My yellow Rhodos have flowered, bought them as very young
plants 3 years ago, when they were in bud I thought I had been sold
pink, but they have matured out as good yellow flowers.http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ellowRhodo.jpg
David

Looks as if no one has any ideas about the Lilac then.

I'm not a lilac "eggspert" by any means but wonder if the white one is
Syringa Emodi - an image in my copy of "The Botanical Garden" looks
just like the flowers. Can't help with the pink one other than it
looks like a vulgaris in the same book. If you manage to identify it,
let me know - I'd like one to replace the extremely leggy unnamed
lilac I was given years ago of which the scent is the only redeeming
feature.