Old 08-05-2011, 05:37 PM posted to uk.rec.sheds,uk.rec.gardening

Default Best?

'Mike' wrote:
"John Williamson" wrote in message
'Mike' wrote:
"Skipweasel" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
But learning a bit of body-language would save 'em pestering me with
"Can I help you?" when I'm radiating a strong "Leave me alone" glow.

Nothing wrong with being asked *once* IMHO.

Harrumph. Perhaps they should have a tray of "When I'm good and ready"
badges at the door.

Which would serve the same purpose.

Trouble is, in a large shop you can get pestered several times as you
move around.

Rather like Jehovah Witnesses and the latest 'scam', 'money maker' for
some, Cavity Wall Insulation.

Got a wonderful way of getting rid of Jehovah Witnesses :-))))))

Use 'em as cavity wall insulation?

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

:-)

No!

When I was in business I did a lot of work for a group of JW's. No objection
to them at all, as long as they don't knock on my door. When I lived in the
Midlands I had a group of 'somethings religious knocking on the door saying
that they were 'bringing the word of god to me'. "Sorry, I don't accept
second hand messages. Bring this god to me so I can hear it first hand' That
was about 50 years ago and do you know what? They never came back. As far as
I am concerned, the JWs I was dealing with were wonderful people. I knew the
whole family. They NEVER pushed their infliction on me.

I was being flippant.

There is one working at the place I work, and, in line with your
experience, nobody has a bad word to say about him.

I avoid salesmen of all sorts by living at the top of some very steep
outdoor stairs, in a place that look vacant unless you peer in and see
the light on. If the light's on, I may or may not be in, as it's on a
vaguely random timer. Or I may just be in a mood to ignore the door. The
JWs may miss me out because it's an old Kingdom Hall....

--
Tciao for Now!

John.