Old 20-04-2003, 06:21 AM
Poe Lim

Default Fat ottos

"LeighMo" wrote in message
I have an Otto that has a rather distended abdominal area; are they
susceptible to any disease/infection in that area, or is it likely to be
gravid? It's over 1" in size. The other larger one appears normal. Any
ideas?

Some of my otos have huge bellies. I don't think they are sick or gravid,
though. I think they are just pigs! All the "fat" otos are in my

high-light
tank, that has more algae.

Not all the otos in that tank are fat, but I think some just naturally eat

more
than others, and get fatter. Kind of like people. g

Ah, perhaps that's the case. I didn't think it was that fat before, but it's
in a tank with plety of food now. Seems happy enough. I like the fact that
with SAEs and Ottos, it's almost like two shifts; during the day, the SAEs
go about their business, the Ottos hide or stay out of the way, and it
reverses when light go out.