Old 08-05-2011, 08:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Garden water measure

On 08/05/2011 21:39, Rob wrote:
I have just been Googling to find out how much water per day a tomato
plant needs.
Some gardening sites in the US stated, e.g. "1 inch of water per
week".
Whatever does this mean ? Over what area ?

Any ideas anyone ?

That sounds way too low when they are growing well in Summer.
I give mine at least an inch depth of water in their pots morning AND
evening, otherwise the tomatoes split due to inconsistent or inadequate
watering.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.