Old 20-04-2003, 06:21 AM
chet

Default Lead weights okay?

To your first question, keep in mind that it may not be lead. It could be
just about any kind of soft metal alloy. Don't worry about it as long as you
are not planning on eating the fish raised in this aquarium.

The "tall plant" may be a cutting of something that will eventually develop
a root structure. Weighting it down until it gets established is a good
idea.

"Doug David" wrote in message
I'm new at live plants - will they do okay with lead weights loosely

wrapped
around the bottom? What we planted - I don't recall the name - is a tall
plant with no "root ball" (for lack of a better term) and I could see it
easily floating up out of the fluorite without the lead weights attached.