Old 09-05-2011, 11:43 AM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by talksalot81 View Post
Looking further... maybe this is not laurel. It is a smaller, rounder leaf which is a paler green... cannot find a site which helps me identify.
There are some hedge supplier websites which google will easily find for you. From these, you will discover the common hedging plants and photos, etc.

From your description, I wonder whether it might be Griselinia littoralis, an increasingly common hedging plant from New Zealand, which might have found last winter a bit on the cold side for it in England. Though one near us (near M25 to NW of Londond) is undamaged,