Old 09-05-2011, 12:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Laurel Hedge suddenly dying

"talksalot81" wrote in message

Hi guys,

I am a newbie on here so please forgive me.

The laurel hedge at my partner's house appears to be dying or dead. This
surprised me because I have my own privet hedge and laurel is a real
pain because it is almost impossible to get rid of. I have looked online
for obvious answers but most are not helping.

What is happening is that the leaves are drying out, going brown and
then the whole thing is looking dead. The interesting part is that this
is not isolated. When I look around, there are hedges all over the local
area which look like they are in serious trouble (for reference, I am
looking in the Belfast area, northern ireland). I am left wondering
whether there is an outbreak of something which I should know about? Is
there anything I can do or is the plant actually dead and needing
replaced with something else?

Thanks

I think it would safe to blame the winter weather you guys got, it may well
come back from down near the roots

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs