Old 09-05-2011, 03:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Ouch! Dangerous weed.

On 09/05/2011 15:52, Martin Brown wrote:

Try
http://www.dermnetnz.org/dermatitis/plants/hogweed.html

Worth treating most of the hogweed family with respect. Strimming it in
strong sunshine is asking for trouble. Just be glad we don't have
anything in the league of urushiol containing poison ivy/oak.

The middle photo is how my arms look, except I've also got some
additional blisters several inches long, presumably due to picking the
sap covered stuff up in my arms to carry to the compost bin rather than
simply strimming it. I'll certainly take more care in future not to get
any type of plant sap on my skin. I'll also give hogweed a lot more
respect too!

It's dangerous in gardens! LOL

--
David in Normandy.