Old 09-05-2011, 05:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Acer help - post deleted

"sbonline" wrote
I posted a question yesterday about my acer and am surprised to see that
today it has just disappeared. Is this because I am new?

Anyway, is there someone that can help me with an acer that seems to be
dying? I have no idea what is wrong with it and I am a novice gardener
but any help would be appreciated.

I won't put all the details on here as I have obviously done something
wrong previously, but if you could let me know where I need to go I
would be grateful.

It's nothing you did wrong or because you are new. it's because you use
Gardenbanter to get to this Newsgroup (look it up) and they don't keep
replies etc in a good order. Most of us come direct here via our ISPs News
Server and use our e-mail client program (eg. Windows live mail) to access
Ngs on our PCs.

There are at least a couple of replies to your original post.
Anyway, it's quite a common problem this year, lots of previously hardy
trees and shrubs have died or have been cut back hard as yours appears to
have been. Wait until it is obvious what is dead and what isn't and cut out
all the dead stuff to let the remaining bits grow.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden