Old 10-05-2011, 07:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Please ID my Tomatoes!

Vicky wrote

I have some tomato plants that are doing exceptionally well. The seeds
came
from the Hampshire Potato Day.

Every year I have trouble with labels being lost or forgotten or just
total
mislabelling. So this year I made an extra special effort and labelled as
soon as planted with proper printed labels.

The really good tomatoes are labelled "Nicholovana".

Google says nu-uh. Not a sausage. Or a tomato.

Can anyone suggest in what way I've mislabelled my tomatoes this year
(Perhaps Mr Nicholovana supplied the seeds!), and suggestions for what
they
possibly /should/ be labelled as.

(All I can say is that they appaer to be potato-leaved variety. Hopefully
I'll be able to comment on the fruit later in the year!)

Probably a "heritage" variety without a proper name or the original name
lost in time and now called after the chap/family that grew them or similar.
From the name maybe an Eastern European seed.
Let us know how they do and how they taste idc.
--
Regards
Bob Hobden