Old 10-05-2011, 02:42 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Default Lady smock and bittercress

I'm trying to get rid of hairy/wavy bittercress in my garden, while encouraging lady smock. The trouble is, when not in flower, they are very similar!

So far I've concluded that the bittercress have longer hairs on their leaves, the leaflets on the stem leaves of ladysmock are narrow and untoothed, whereas the bittercress leaflets are toothed, and that ladysmock stems are round whereas the bittercress stems are distinctly ridged.

Is this about right? Are there other differences I haven't spotted?