Old 10-05-2011, 11:09 AM posted to triangle.gardens
mj mj is offline

Default How are your Gardens?

On May 9, 9:06*pm, "Daniel B. Martin"
wrote:
On 05/09/2011 10:43 AM, mj wrote:

Mine seems to be getting a very slow start.

We started tomatoes and eggplants from seed, grew them indoors under
artificial light, and transplanted them into the garden. * Most of the
tomatoes are flourishing but the eggplants are struggling.

Sugar snap peas were started from seed weeks ago. * Three feet high,
healthy, lots of blossoms, expect the first harvest any day now.

Sweet pepper seedlings were bought from Logan's in Raleigh, transplanted
a few days ago. * All look happy in their new home.

Planted cucumber seeds today.

As usual, the weeds are growing more vigorously than any edible crop.

Daniel B. Martin

Weeds, ugh! I tried Preen. Don't waste your money. I spend about an
hour a day pulling out some kind of grass from hell. From what you
said I am thinking two things. I am south and east of the triangle and
put my plants in the first ten days of April. All had been started
indoors in pod things. Maybe that was too soon. Then there is always
the fact that I look at them too often so nothing ever seems to
change. Patience is not my strong suit but it is good to know that I
am probably just expecting too much too soon.