Old 10-05-2011, 04:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default Please ID my Tomatoes!

On May 9, 11:09*pm, wrote:
I have some tomato plants that are doing exceptionally well. *The seeds came
from the Hampshire Potato Day.

Every year I have trouble with labels being lost or forgotten or just total
mislabelling. *So this year I made an extra special effort and labelled as
soon as planted with proper printed labels.

The really good tomatoes are labelled "Nicholovana".

Google says nu-uh. *Not a sausage. *Or a tomato.

Can anyone suggest in what way I've mislabelled my tomatoes this year
(Perhaps Mr Nicholovana supplied the seeds!), and suggestions for what they
possibly /should/ be labelled as.

(All I can say is that they appaer to be potato-leaved variety. *Hopefully
*I'll be able to comment on the fruit later in the year!)

--

All tomatoes are related to potatoes.
There are thousands of varieties, no one can tell you what you've

I get lots of "volunteers" from the compost heap. They all come to
nothing, best pulled up.