Old 10-05-2011, 07:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default First fuchsias of the year

On May 10, 6:16*pm, Derek wrote:
On Tue, 10 May 2011 09:57:55 -0700 (PDT), Dave Hill

wrote:
I was supprised today to see these fuchsias in flower, most are still
trying to grow back after the bad winter.

Nice to see them flowering, not trying to put a damper on them but I
have heard that sometimes in a last burst of life before keeling over,
plants will try to flower and set seed before heading for the compost
heap. Might help to give them some love and attention! :-)

I have had 'Barbara Windsor' and ' swanley gem' producing flowers
already. Which is a bit of a pest as I would like them to put on a bit
more growth first.

www.lincolnfuchsiasociety.info

No problem with these, shooting all over the place, just lost a foot
or so of top growth.