Old 10-05-2011, 08:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
hugh hugh is offline

Default rain

In message , Martin
writes

On 2011-05-08 00:59:18 +0100, "Christina Websell"
said:

we had a bit yesterday a.m but now we are getting serious big
rain now here
in leics. as i speak.
it's throwing it down

tina

And again here last night, though it's breezy & sunny today. I really
hope it's done the gardens some good! Anyone else still in a total
drought?

Yes us in Zuid Holland. It was a very red sky in the morning
shepherd's warning dawn, but it is clear now and still no sign of
rain.

http://www.buienradar.nl/tekst.aspx?tekst=24uur says some at midnight
tonight.

Wish we could send some your way for your sakes. The wind is now
firmly in the SW, so we'll probably get more rain again some time today
or tonight. I must say that it's amazing how quickly this has 'greened
up' the garden.

Our lawn is going brown, a week ago it was still bright green.

There was a pocket cartoon in the Torygraph the other day - a man was
looking out of the window saying "I don't know whether to mow the lawn
or set fire to it". Sums it up, I think!

My attitude is to do nothing to the lawn, when it is hot and dry, but
my wife can't resist giving the lawn a close shave.

Cutting too close is probably the most common mistake when it comes to
lawns.
--
hugh
common sense." Buddha