Old 20-04-2003, 06:21 AM
Jim Miller

Default Just started CO2 DIY, how long till bubbles?

I make bread occasionally and have a yeast thermometer. I find that by the
time that I've added my hot tap water to the sugar, shaken it for a few
seconds to get it dissolved and let it set for about 10 minutes it's time to
add the yeast and a pinch of baking soda. I swirl around the water a bit to
get the yeast wet and sinking. In a minute or less you'll see some of it
rise to the surface as it begins bubbling. I get bubbles in my tank in less
than 5 minutes.

If it took several days, bread would never get made! ;-)

You may have a leak. They are hard to find. I've had the most success by
removing the bottle, lines and reactor and putting it in a deep sink or the
bath tub with the reactor the same distance under the water as if in the
tank to simulate the working pressure. The leak if any will be obvious then.

good luck

jtm

--
Remove NOSPAM for email replies
"Dave M. Picklyk" wrote in message
a...
Hey guys, I just started my CO2 2L bottle tonight about 3 hours ago. When
usually can I expect some bubble action? I have noticed that the water is
slowly being pushed out of the hose...I guess this is a good sign. But it's
hard to be patient. I might stay up all night trying to watch for that first
bubble...or should I? Does it sometimes takes a few days? Do you usually see
some froth or anything in the bottle when the reaction starts to occur? Am I
asking too many questions??

Thanx alot!

Dave.