Old 10-05-2011, 08:54 PM posted to triangle.gardens
beautdogs beautdogs is offline

Default How are your Gardens?

The last frost date here is April 15. It is iffy to plant before then
because aside from the frost risk, the soil is also kind of cool.

I don't think we had a freeze in April but it got pretty chilly a few
nights.

Last year absolutely stank for tomatoes and eggplants in my garden, and
apparently many others had a bad year too. But I've got plenty of
seedlings, including replacement plants in case any of my babies have a
problem. Now my gardens have really taken off this spring, and something
tells me this year is going to be spectacular!

Sue

Weeds, ugh! I tried Preen. Don't waste your money. I spend about an
hour a day pulling out some kind of grass from hell. From what you
said I am thinking two things. I am south and east of the triangle and
put my plants in the first ten days of April. All had been started
indoors in pod things. Maybe that was too soon. Then there is always
the fact that I look at them too often so nothing ever seems to
change. Patience is not my strong suit but it is good to know that I
am probably just expecting too much too soon.