Old 11-05-2011, 02:20 PM
Ig.Gardener Ig.Gardener is offline
Registered User

Location: Virginia

Other than what you are doing I can only suggest going over the dogs
by hand every night. If they run through a wooded area with ticks
nothing will stop them picking up ticks, all you can do is deal with
them. I use Killtix collars on my dogs but they run mainly on the
paddocks so the load of ticks isn't so bad.

David[/quote]

I do a tick check on them every night, and myself. I was just hoping for something that would deter the ticks from coming/staying in the house. I'll look into the Killtix collars. Do you know if they can get wet. I got some collars before for them but they jumped in a creek on a hot day and they didn't work anymore. Labs!!! Also, I don't recall if it was Frontline or Frontline Plus. I didn't use it last year, just the spray I made because it was working just as well, and like I said, it smelled wonderful.
Rocks, roots, constant shade and one
Ignorant Gardener