Old 20-04-2003, 06:21 AM
Dave

Default starting my CO2 DIY, any tips?

"Dave M. Picklyk" empowered us with this mighty blow
against the Patriarchy:

Great idea with the juice bottle! I'm going to do that on the next
concoction. Currently I have a check-valve and the bottle is safely
below my tank a few feet so it can't tip into it Hopefully it being
lower doesn't affect the performance of the C02, I guess if there is
gas pressure and it only has one way to go so it doesn't matter the
position of the source.

I was having problems not getting enough CO2 into the tank, and found that
it was my check valve. I think that over time, they gum up or whatever and
start giving more resistance to CO2 flow, which can force a leak at your
CO2 bottle. Check valves are great to have but you may need to replace
them every now and then. Just an FYI.