Old 11-05-2011, 02:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default OT Buying from Amazon

On 11/05/2011 14:03, 'Mike' wrote:
"David wrote in message
news
On Wed, 11 May 2011 'Mike' wrote:

Has anyone any experience, good or bad, about buying from Amazon?

All good. Any problems are sorted out immediately. What do you want to
know?

"Any problems are sorted out immediately" Can you elaborate on what problems
you have had and how they were sorted please?

For example it snowed a heck of a lot before Christmas leaving lots of
orphanned parcels stuck in snowed up delivery companies. Amazon were
extremely helpful in chasing up one that had mislaid my order (or more
accurately were operating a LIFO stack where my parcel never made it
close enough to the top of the incoming heap to even "arrive" at the
sorting office. This was worrying after week had elapsed. Tracking
showed only that it had left Amazons warehouse 10 days earlier. The
delivery company just stonewalled me until Amazon started beating them
up. I think that is the only time I have needed their customer service
in more than a decade of using them (and US Amazon before that).

There is only so much holdline "musack" and "we value your custom"
recordings ending in dead air I can take before using bigger guns.
Amazon were brilliant and a couple of days later the parcel was found.
It wasn't in fact Amazon's fault their carrier failed to deliver but
they took full responsibility for getting the order fulfilled. When I
complained at first it looked like the untraceable package had been
stolen in all the confusion. They said they would replace it.

Most stuff from Amazon just arrives as advertised on the scheduled
delivery date or slightly before if you are lucky.

Regards,
Martin Brown