Old 20-04-2003, 06:21 AM
Dave

Default Just started CO2 DIY, how long till bubbles?

"Dave M. Picklyk" empowered us with this mighty blow
against the Patriarchy:

It started pretty quick. This morning I'm getting 23 bubbles a minute.
Is that too much?

That's probably just about right, depending on how much of it is actually
getting diffused into the water.

I've always had to wait at least 12 hours before I start getting an
adequate amount of CO2. I'm not sure why other people are able to get
enough CO2 after only a few hours.

The problem is that when I turn my aquaclear filter down in the
morning when I feed, it stops bubbling and water siphons back into the
hose a few inches, then it has to clear it out again.

Err, that ain't good. It sounds like your Aquaclear is somehow actually
drawing CO2 through the line hose it's on ... if so, your CO2 mix bottle
might collapse. The CO2 should be coming from the hose on its own
(positive pressure).