Old 11-05-2011, 07:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default OT Buying from Amazon

"David Rance" wrote in message
On Wed, 11 May 2011 'Mike' wrote:

Has anyone any experience, good or bad, about buying from Amazon?

All good. Any problems are sorted out immediately. What do you want to
know?

"Any problems are sorted out immediately" Can you elaborate on what
problems
you have had and how they were sorted please?

A few months ago I bought a new motherboard. The LAN port didn't work. I
filled in a returns document and requested a new motherboard. It arrived
the next day even before I'd despatched the faulty one back to them. I
also received a postage-paid label so I didn't even have to pay for
returning the faulty goods to them.

Thank you David. I posted a reply before I read this one.

Many thanks.

Confirms my thoughts, if I wish to do 'mail order business', I will go
through Amazon :-))

Well, Amazon themselves are pretty reliable but be careful if third-party
vendors are selling through Amazon (the so-called Amazon Market Place).
They are not quite so reliable. I haven't had bad experiences from them
but others have. I think Amazon gets rid of them when that happens, but
unfortunately it does happen sometimes. Most third-party vendors are
reliable but the odd 1 or 2 per cent are not.

Make sure that the advert says "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.co.uk".
If it doesn't then it's being sold by a third-party vendor, so beware!

One thing I've found is that if Amazon is selling the goods they usually
arrive well before the promised date. Third-party vendors almost always
get the goods to you by the promised date but rarely before, and sometimes
after.

That's my experience anyway, and I use them quite a lot.

David

http://rance.org.uk

Thanks David.

I still think that "Mail Order" is a rip off by those selling, but Amazon
seem to have it under control.

I like to see the people selling to me and talk face to face. There are
sufficient outlets to hand with face to face contact, why would a company do
mail order if it's not a 'quick and easy buck'? OR, to get rid of naff
stock? ........ Which I am certain is the answer.

Argos is a massive organisation and I have used them time and time again.
Bought a very expensive camera from them. It went wrong, all the pictures
had a Magenta background. Had I bought that mail order, it would have had to
THEY sent it back.

Face to face. You can't beat it :-))

Mike

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.