Old 11-05-2011, 11:58 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Ticks! Ticks! Ticks!!!

On Wed, 11 May 2011 13:20:50 +0000, Ig.Gardener
wrote:

Other than what you are doing I can only suggest going over the dogs
by hand every night. If they run through a wooded area with ticks
nothing will stop them picking up ticks, all you can do is deal with
them. I use Killtix collars on my dogs but they run mainly on the
paddocks so the load of ticks isn't so bad.

David

I do a tick check on them every night, and myself. I was just hoping for
something that would deter the ticks from coming/staying in the house.
I'll look into the Killtix collars. Do you know if they can get wet.

Yes, they are also safe for the pond animals and fish too if the dogs
go swimming.