Old 12-05-2011, 12:21 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] mjciccarel@gmail.com is offline

Default Good canning tomato??

On May 11, 7:11*pm, Sue wrote:
I am really late getting my garden in this year and finally have the
ground prepared. *Whatever tomatoes I planted last year just didn't do
well for canning purposes. *I'm not starting from seeds and get my
plants at Lowe's or Home Depot. *Any suggestion on a good variety to
can (that I would find at either of those two stores)? *My garden is
*very* small so I can't put in too many plants.
Sue in the San Joaquin Valley of Calif.

If your canning for sauce Roma's are the best and the grow in a fairly
compact plant.