Old 12-05-2011, 12:59 AM posted to triangle.gardens
?[_4_] ?[_4_] is offline

Default How are your Gardens?

On Mon, 9 May 2011 07:43:55 -0700 (PDT) in mj wrote:
Mine seems to be getting a very slow start. Is it because it has been
a cool spring? I haven't changed anything this year but the squash,
cucumbers, and peppers don't seem to want to grow? Am I alone?

Well, I was sick with the crud when I intended to plant and just
got things other than cucumbers planted this past weekend.
Cucumbers from seedlings have been a bit slow, but the soil was
still cold (shredded leaf mulch insulates both ways).
Tomatoes and tomatillos were planted this past weekend and have
perked up already.
Peppers planted this weekend as well. One planted with basil a bit before,
and it isn't moving along as fast.
Zuchs and cantaloupes planted this weekend. And they are perking up.