Old 11-05-2011, 11:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Soooo much junk in a garden

...[color=blue][i]
On 2011-05-08 10:03:06 +0100, Owdboggy
said:

Christina Websell;920328 Wrote:
"Mark Baigent" wrote in message

Hi all

I popped in a while ago for advice re clearing a section of garden,
about
90sq yards.

I have been stunned how much rubbish came out of a mound of mud....

Our garden is a little bigger than that, say about 3/4 of an acre. We
worked it out that we have removed over 30 tons of assorted rubbish
from the land over the last 15 years. AND we are still finding stuff.
For instance today I found a mole hill, on top of the soil was part of a
toy gun, some broken glass and a Shipham's Salmon paste jar.
Keep up the work and be sure to keep taking pictures of your progress.
We did not have a camera when we began and regret it a lot that we have
no real record of what we did.

In a former garden a very little digging found an old rubbish tip when the
whole area was owned by one farmer. I acquired some very attractive old
bottles that way - mainly medical for animals and humans, though probably
applied to both!
--

I cleared 20 56kg bags of broken glass from the end of my garden which I
call my "wood"