Old 12-05-2011, 12:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Good canning tomato??

Sue wrote:

-snip-
One problem I had last year was that I didn't have enough tomatoes at
any given time to can. I'm thinking maybe my error was in getting two
different varieties (2 plants each). I don't know. They just weren't
successful.

With 4 plants, I'd be concentrating on good eating tomatoes. Buy the
canning tomatoes from a local farm by the bushel. Enjoy the fresh
ones while you are able.

I plant a dozen plants and don't plan on canning any. [if I have a
good crop I'll do some chili sauce]

Jim