Old 12-05-2011, 12:57 PM posted to uk.rec.sheds,uk.rec.gardening
Richard Robinson Richard Robinson is offline

Default Best?

bobharvey said:
On May 11, 7:23Â*pm, Mike Fleming wrote:
Rather like Jehovah Witnesses and the latest 'scam', 'money maker'
for some, Cavity Wall Insulation.

I love telling 'em that mine aren't suitable.

Your JWs aren't suitable?

Not after talking to a sheddi, no they won't be.

Oh, well. Are anyone's ?

Personally, these days I'm finding that the people who (occasionally) knock
on the door to see if I'm interested in their religious beliefs are a hell
of a lot less offensive than those who come trying to guilt-tripping me to
put money in their pocketsss by having me sign up to their employers'
energy-billing scam or charity brandname.

I've never, for example, had the religious ones go stomping off down the
street screaming at the top of their voices about what a bad person I am.
Power companies, yes, I have been stupid not to take their wonder short-term
profit deal. "Charities", yes, the neighbours have all been loudly informed
how I don't give a **** about all the poor children dying of starvation [1]
that I could have prevented if only they could have taken a profit on it.

JWs, no. They've learnt.

[1] Or was it the poor fluffy little whalefishes ? It may have been The
Environment. Something cuddly and not in the least resembling a slug,
anyway, and it had a logo all over its clothes. And a clipboard.

--
Richard Robinson

My email address is at http://www.qualmograph.org.uk/contact.html