Old 12-05-2011, 03:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Spam from seeds companies

"Moonraker" wrote in message
On 12/05/2011 09:35, Andy wrote:

"Grooster" wrote in message
I normally buy seed online and have used several companies over the
years.

One order tends to lead to repeated mailings, brochures and spam.

A simple email tends to stop these - but not with Thompson & Morgan.

They did stop but without a further purchase have started again with
frequent spam emails every few days and are still at it despite
several emails asking them to stop.

Has anyone else had this problem? or have any ideas for stopping them?
They already go to my junk folder, but I do check it regularly and am
angry at the wasted bandwidth and their stupidity. (Stupid because
I'll likely never buy from them again)

Suttons Seeds seem to do well in reviews and, in contrast to
Thompson&Morgan, have honoured an email requesting they stop - so they
get my business.

Hi,

If you use Outlook Express or Windows Live Mail 09, you can set up an
email 'rule' that says something like...

If email from line contains 'Thompson & Morgan', do not download from
server and delete message.

Hope that helps

Andy

I agree they are a PITA, not only do they send frequent emails but also
catalogues, which I certainly do not want, but I have yet found a way to
stop them!

Do the same as you have to with Readers Digest ....
..
..
..
..
..

Move ;-(

Mike

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.